About the Programme
4 Years Full-time B.Des
Bachelor of Design is an undergraduate course that has a time span of four years. The course is provided in several specializations including Interior and Product Designing, Fashion & Textile Designing and Graphic & Communication Design as well. The scope of the program has widened as the specializations provide opportunities in different fields and industries. Students will get the information about the complex methodologies to solve the problems using creative applications of design tools. It will help the students to bring out the realistic outcome in different situations.
Students will get the opportunity to explore the technological developments in the design industry. The course aims at providing the students with complete knowledge of Product Development, Marketing, CAD, CAM, Subjects based on opted specialization, and many other things. This course will open the door for the students in different industries including Media, Public Relations, Communications, Education and Business.
Specializations in B.Des course
Interior and Product Design
Interior and Product Design is derived from the latest trends and technological changes which are introduced in various design industries. The duration of the course is 4 years. This course includes dual specialization so candidates can get jobs in both Interior Designing and Product Designing fields. Students will learn more about ecological and sustainable interior designing. It also provides knowledge about Product Art & Design.
Fashion & Textile Design
This is also a four-year course with dual specialization including Fashion Designing and Textile Designing. Fashion Design includes all the aspects including Computer Design, Textile Science, Pattern Design, Marketing, and other technical subjects. Textile Design subject deals with design and development, technical knowledge of textiles, and other relevant concepts.
Graphic & Communication Design
Graphic Designing is one of the most rapidly growing technology courses. This course is combined with knowledge of Communication Design & Graphic Design so with this course a student can get job opportunities in different fields in Graphic Designing and communication. This course opens the door to different career options in various industries.
- This course enables students to select any specialization out of the multiple specializations available, so the students can pursue subjects according to their interests.
- The candidates can grab the average starting salary package of 8 Lac to 10 Lac per annum. It may vary based on the specializations.
- Apart from the job market, it also opens a wide range of opportunities in self-employment or business fields.
- The Design course teaches the students the ways to explore different points of views to present one design. It brings out the creativity and innovative nature of the candidate.
- As per the reports given by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for graphic designers will rise by 13% by 2025.
Career Path after the course
The Candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent educational qualification from any stream along with any other optional subject with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.